[Scons-users] TEMPFILEPREFIX - Prevent SCons from stripping whitespace

Joel Gibson jmr.gibson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 13:00:43 EDT 2015

Hi,

I'm pretty new to scons, but we have a build system that unfortunately
requires windows and a rather antiquated compiler and linker.

We hit the command line limit for the linker step, and so I'm using the
${TEMPFILE(...)} wrapper to substitute a file. This works fine, except that
the command line option for file substitution "-f <file>" (note the
included space). Using TEMPFILEPREFIX ='-f ' works, but scons is stripping
the whitespace from between the option and the flag, which is causing it to
fail. There are no alternative commands listen in the help for the liinker
(such as --file=)

I can run it manually fine with <invoke> -f C:\tempfileblah, so I know it
works, I just can't get SCons to generate what I want.

Is there a way to get scons to keep the whiltespace?

Thanks,

Joel