[Scons-users] Multiple ways to build the same target

Maciej R marogi at o2.pl
Sat Oct 17 15:07:32 EDT 2015

Hi,

I am trying to use SCons to build an elf for embedded ARM platform and I need to compile files from external SDK. Startup code is provided in 3 files  with the same name, but different extensions - .h, .c and .S. Now, .c and .S are generating the same target object (.o) and clashing with this error:
scons: *** Multiple ways to build the same target were specified for: platform/devices/startup/startup.o  (from ['platform/devices/startup/startup.c'] and from ['platform/devices/startup/startup.S’]).

I tried adding my own builder for ASM, removing ‘.S’ from env[‘CPPSUFFIXES’] and even a custom emitter, but I either get the same target for both files or no target at all.

How can I fix this issue? How could I change suffix generated for ‘.S’ files and remove them being parsed by Object builder?

Thanks,
Maciej