[Scons-users] force rebuild of a specific target

Roberto De Vecchi roberto.devecchi at vi-grade.com
Fri Oct 16 10:47:58 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to request scons to rebuild a specific target. The best for me would be to find a way compatible with the interactive mode.

Digging a bit in the scons code base I found the option -assume-new that seems to do what I need ( mark a node as out of date ), but it's not yet implemented.

As an alternative I tried issuing a clean + build commands on specific node, but in this way the clean command is cleaning all the nodes on which my target depends on making the build process too time consuming.

Any idea / suggestion is welcome!

Cheers,
roberto