[Scons-users] Is the warning about missing pywin32 extensions on parallel builds still needed?

Erling D. Andersen e.d.andersen at mosek.com
Wed Nov 18 03:06:24 EST 2015

Everything is working fine using Python 2.7.

However, I do not understand why the latest Scons prints out:

scons: warning: you do not seem to have the pywin32 extensions installed;
        parallel (-j) builds may not work reliably with open Python files

on Windows. That seems a legacy issue and the warning is no longer needed.
So why not remove it?

On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 3:15 PM, William Blevins <wblevins001 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 11:51 AM, Erling D. Andersen <
> e.d.andersen at mosek.com> wrote:
>
>> Did you find out of something? It is still in Scons version 2.4.1 run
>> with Python 2.7.
>>

> I assume that you mean the warning still exists in SCons 2.4.1.
>

>> Thanks for the good work with new version. It worked out of the box.
>>

> Did version 2.3.6 not work of the box? What is the context?
>

>> Erling
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 5:08 AM, Bill Deegan <bill at baddogconsulting.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Richard,