[Scons-users] SCons running on pypy?

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Thu Nov 12 14:30:50 EST 2015

Hi Bill,

On 12.11.2015 17:40, Bill Deegan wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Is anyone running SCons on pypy?
> Any anecdotal performance comparison data?

I tried pypy while measuring SCons' performance regarding the fork problem. Didn't seem to make a big difference then, but it might
be interesting to give it a try after we integrated the stubprocess.py wrapper under Linux.
What I remember though is, that pypy gave me problems regarding the handles to open files. It exhausted the number of simultaneously
allowed handles pretty fast, so I had to fiddle around and increase the corresponding Kernel parameter to its maximum value.

At least that's what I remember of when I last tried to run it, so it might not be the ideal choice for
larger projects...but this might have changed in the meantime.