[Scons-users] Reading a file in an emitter

William Roberts bill.c.roberts at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 16:06:24 EDT 2015

I have solved the issue, and it was in the documentation for the scanner.
However, a scanner is not what I think is needed.
I am looking at the scanner, and it appears to be for dependencies, not for
modifying the targets that get built, is that correct?

I tooke the file path that I was trying to open and created a Node.File()
object and used get_contents() method to retrieve the data

Thanks.

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 1:09 AM, Dirk Bächle <tshortik at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hello William,
>

> On 18.03.2015 23:35, William Roberts wrote:
>
>> I am attempting to read a source file passed in via source argument in my
>> emmitter. However, I can't open the file, as the source
>> file I am trying to read has not been symlinked into my variant directory.
>>
>> CWD: <root>out/vm
>> IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'src/miniat_java.i'
>>
>> Is their a proper way to read a source file while in the emitter and
>> respect the virant dir?
>>

> in the latest source (current tip of our main development branch) there is
> the method
>
>   Node.FS.Dir.rentry_exists_on_disk(name)
>
> for exactly this purpose. It returns True if the given file exists
> locally, or in one of the repositories (remote locations). You can then
> create a proper Node for it, and use get_contents().
>
> Best regards,
>
> Dirk

Respectfully,

William C Roberts