[Scons-users] How to create an empty environment on windows

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Tue Jun 23 19:36:16 EDT 2015

Hi Roman,

On 23.06.2015 10:51, Roman Karlstetter wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> how do I create a completely empty scons environment on windows?
>
> Using a very simple file with only this line does not really work, I get a warning about a missing Visual Studio compiler:
>
> env = Environment(tools = [])

please forget my previous answer...only now I realized that I didn't quite get what you're trying to do. The additional message
about "VC not found" comes from the initialization of the DefaultEnvironment. In order to switch it off too, you have to add the line:

   DefaultEnvironment(tools = [])

to your SConstruct. (see also UserGuide and https://bitbucket.org/scons/scons/wiki/GoFastButton )

Sorry for the confusion, and I hope this lets things work for you as expected.