[Scons-users] CudaTool

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Tue Jun 23 12:58:31 EDT 2015

Hi there,

On 22.06.2015 22:22, William Blevins wrote:
> Bill,
> Exactly; we are just pulling them off the wiki.  Our goal isn't to do full cycle maintenance; otherwise, we could just add them to
> the regular SCons distro...
> V/R,
> William
>
> On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 4:20 PM, Bill Deegan <bill at baddogconsulting.com <mailto:bill at baddogconsulting.com>> wrote:
>
>     Yes, that's what I was thinking.
>
>     A contrib repo would be good for someone who just wants to contribute, but maybe not maintain a new tool.
>     Where as someone who wants to maintain there own repo would be free to do so.
>     And I guess if they put it in the contrib repo and found that didnt' work from them they'd be free to pull it out to their own repo.
>
>     -Bill

just wanted to point out that this discussion has been led before, last time was:

   https://pairlist2.pair.net/pipermail/scons-dev/2014-February/001127.html

. I am still okay with collecting simple code snippets and ideas in the Wiki directly. From there on they can evolve to externally
managed Tools, maintained by someone in a DVCS each...and then, one day maybe, get integrated to the core directly.

I'd rather open a "contrib" repo, where we offer a snapshot of selected Tools and Builders as download in the form of a single
package...for the convenience of the end users. You can then do a simple "pip install scons" and "pip install scons-contrib"...done.