[Scons-users] How to create an empty environment on windows

Roman Karlstetter Roman.Karlstetter at ifta.com
Tue Jun 23 04:51:59 EDT 2015

Hi all,

how do I create a completely empty scons environment on windows?

Using a very simple file with only this line does not really work, I get a warning about a missing Visual Studio compiler:

env = Environment(tools = [])

This is what I get

$ scons.py
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Building targets ...

scons: warning: No version of Visual Studio compiler found - C/C++ compilers most likely not set correctly
File "c:/WinPython/WinPython-64bit-2.7.6.4/python-2.7.6.amd64/Scripts/scons.py", line 199, in <modul
e>
scons: `.' is up to date.
scons: done building targets.

So somehow scons is trying to look for a MSVC, but I don't want scons to do so. How is it possible to create an empty environment?

Kind regards,
Roman

PS: As soon as I install MinGW, the warning from above does not appear...