[Scons-users] CudaTool

William Blevins wblevins001 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 16:15:22 EDT 2015

I like the idea of  a contributor repo because it will be easier to
maintain.  I don't want to be the one responsible for handling pull
requests for 100 tools in 100 different repos when there isn't a downside
to maintaining them together.

V/R,
William

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 3:43 PM, Paweł Tomulik <ptomulik at meil.pw.edu.pl>
wrote:

> W dniu 22.06.2015 o 17:45, Bill Deegan pisze:
> > Russel,
> >
> > I agree.
> > Though the bitbucket wiki is now backended by hg..  still not the best
> > place to store tools
> >
> > Is there value in making a contrib repo rather than a repo per tool?
> > (not sure this is a good or a bad idea, but I've not finished my coffee
> > yet so posting it out there for consideration)
> >

> IMHO one repo per tool is better - cheaper to clone single tool, easier
> to contribute to a tool, possibility to distribute work between more
> people without unnecessary conflicts, and easier to get rid of obsolete
> tools.

All the tools are simple python files.  Cloning 2kB or 200kB is arguably
the same.

Conflicts won't increase as tools increase.  You make a change to tool A,
so you will only have a conflict with people working on tool A.