[Scons-users] [Scons-dev] availability of SCons 3.0.0

Bill Deegan bill at baddogconsulting.com
Wed Jun 17 19:14:04 EDT 2015

Julian,

See below.

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 4:04 PM, Rosenthal, Julian <jrosen at qti.qualcomm.com>
wrote:

> Sorry, I thought I saw a snippet about a planned SCons version 3.0.0, but
now I can’t find it.
> Yes, the assumption here was that said version would support python 3.

There's work being done for 3.x compatability, but it's unlikely to be
released in the short term.
(There's more work to be done, we'd like to have a python 2.7 and 3.x
compat in same sources)

> Will python 2.3.5 be compatible with python 3?

No.

> If not, are there plans to add python3 support?

See above

-Bill

> Thank you,
>
>                 Julian

Deegan
> Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 3:53 PM
> To: SCons developer list
> Cc: scons-users at scons.org
> Subject: Re: [Scons-dev] availability of SCons 3.0.0
>

> Also since this a question about the use rather than the internal
development of SCons, the users mailing list would be the most appropriate.

> Thanks,
>
> Bill
>

> On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 3:52 PM, Bill Deegan <bill at baddogconsulting.com>
wrote:

> Julian,
>
> Next version of SCons is 2.3.5 coming in the next few days.
>
> Beyond that.. SCons is open source so when it's done it'll get released.
>
> We don't have a version name 3.0.0 planned at the current time.
>
> If you are asking when a version compatible with Python 3.x would be
available, that's an entirely different question than a specific version
number..

> Thanks,
>
> Bill
>

> On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 3:00 PM, Rosenthal, Julian <
jrosen at qti.qualcomm.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I wasn’t sure which e-mail list is more appropriate for my question, so
e-mailing both.

> When or when do we anticipate SCons 3.0.0 will be released to the general
public for download on scons.org?