[Scons-users] commands done in SConscript aren't displayed.

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Tue Jul 28 02:55:28 EDT 2015

Hi James,

On 28.07.2015 07:56, James Rinkevich wrote:
> I have an SConstruct with the following code and only REGEX == "builtin"
> #(lots of configure stuff here -- for wxwidgets 3.02 4500+ LOC)
> share="SHARED" if SHARED else "STATIC"
> unicode="UNICODE" if UNICODE else "ASCII"
> debug="DEBUG" if UNICODE else "NODBUG"
> toolkitsetup_h=File(os.path.join(toolkitlibincs.path,"setup.h"))
> env.Command(toolkitsetup_h,setup_h,Copy("$TARGET", "$SOURCE"))

a.) you're not showing the definition of "setup_h",
b.) you're not showing the output of your SCons run that seems to be missing some lines (your actual issue here),
c.) we don't know yet on which OS/machine combination you are trying to do all this,
d.) and also not *how* exactly you call SCons. What do the command-line arguments look like?

Finally, if you are sure that you Endianness Checker is an enhancement to SCons, please take the time to quickly read through
https://bitbucket.org/scons/scons/wiki/DeveloperGuide/Introduction and submit a pull request. I'm looking forward to your
contribution and would like to thank you in advance.