[Scons-users] Handle updated external dependency files

Brian Quistorff bquistorff at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 21:01:38 EDT 2015

Hello,

I have a some statistical projects where I generate external dependency
files and bring them in with ParseDepends. The docs state that multiple
invocations of scons may be required when those files are updated in the
build, so I usually guess when I have to run it again. It would be nice if
scons could detect these updates and do something about it, either by (a)
notifying the user, (b) auto-restarting, or (c) updating the DAG. Option
(b) seems preferable to assuming it doesn't require much more work. Option
(c) would be nice, but seems longer and more complex. Any thoughts on if
something is feasible?

Thanks,
Brian Quistorff