[Scons-users] Creation of an archive of source files with Node.all_children()

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Thu Jan 15 16:13:54 EST 2015

Hi Paul,

On 15.01.2015 11:09, Paul Grégoire wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry to add some noise here, but I am still interested in a solution
> for this problem. I did some other tests without success.

don't worry, and thanks a lot for your patience.

> [...]
>
>> I try to create an archive of all the sources and dependancies of my
>> project. I have tested the FindSourceFiles() method, but this method
>> only reports the cpp files and not the associated headers files, so I
>> tried to implement it myself.

You shouldn't have to parse for the children by yourself. In the example version you provided

>> [...]
>>
>> scons: Building targets ...
>> tar -c -f sub/all_sources.tar sub/define.inc sub/main.cpp /usr/bin/g++ /bin/cp

you're also adding executables to the archive, which is probably not what you want. I can't reproduce the ".sconsign.dblite" error
on my side, but I attached my solution...please try it out and see if it works for you. The main difference is that I set CPPPATH,
such that the header file "define.h" can get found during the scanning process...and is properly added to the list of sources.