[Scons-users] setting tool collection and compiler version from OS to OS

Roger Martin roger at quantumbioinc.com
Fri Jan 2 17:03:32 EST 2015

Hi Dirk,

I did since starting this thread and it switched from /usr/bin/c++ to
g++ in compile output.
scons says:
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
On MacOS, using  gcc 4.9.0

which is a great sign.  There must be another build issues after that
which is dependency issues.  They depend on boost and I believe the last
svn revision 86799(http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk/) for boost in
svn before it was moved to git.

By putting the wrong thing for --compiler it spits out what is possible
RuntimeError: Unknown platform/compiler:
darwin_/opt/gcc/current/bin/gcc. Choices are: win32_cl, win32_icc,
win32_mingw, unix_mingw, unix_gcc, unix_gcc4, unix_clang, unix_icc,
unix_icpc, darwin_c++, darwin_gcc, darwin_gcc-4.2, darwin_clang:

so --compiler=gcc

I think this gets me beyond build tool issues with this project.

Thank you,
Roger