[Scons-users] Compiling a program with scons

Owen Alanzo Hogarth gurenchan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 23:49:53 EST 2015

Hi William

Thank you, I did read the documentation and I am still a bit confused.
Doing simple things like compiling a hello.c program works but lets say for
example look at the cURL package. Since it has no external dependencies.

I download and extract the tarball, go into the src folder

now let's say I create a SConstruct file like this:

     env = Environment()

     env.Program(target = "curl", source = [Glob("*.c")])

Then I run scons like so and I get an error like this:

     Brother:src blubee$ scons

     scons: Reading SConscript files ...

     scons: done reading SConscript files.

     scons: Building targets ...

     gcc -o tool_binmode.o -c tool_binmode.c

     In file included from tool_binmode.c:22:

     ./tool_setup.h:36:10: fatal error: 'curl_setup.h' file not found

     #include "curl_setup.h" /* from the lib directory */

              ^

     1 error generated.

      scons: *** [tool_binmode.o] Error 1

I am writing the SConstruct file in the /src folder and running scons from
the same folder.