[Scons-users] Advice sought

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Mon Feb 9 17:19:27 EST 2015

Hi Dominic,

On 08.02.2015 22:33, Dominic Binks wrote:

> [...]
>>

> As far as I understand it, using SConscript to make different builds
> works brilliantly when the two builds are built from the same sources
> (e.g. debug and release builds).  However, this is not the case for our
> builds - the host and target builds differ significantly.

okay, I think I got you now. In the case of different source trees, here's what I would probably do:

   - If one source tree is a subset of the other, one could use the Repository() method to "blend in" the additional files after
calling the first variant dir. However, this also means developing two separate folder hierarchies in your IDE.
   - Otherwise, how about simply providing a second tree of SConscripts, e.g. "SConscript.ext" for the extended source tree?

This may still look a little bit unappealing, but it's better than having to use some form of "tagging" single source files...as
with the remaining options that you described in your last email.

Regards,