[Scons-users] using Configure Contexts

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Sun Dec 27 07:42:10 EST 2015

Hi Stefan,

On 25.12.2015 18:40, Stefan Seefeld wrote:
> [...]
>
> Section 23.8 seems to suggest that a "custom check" would be appropriate here, so I'm trying to write my own
> "CheckPython(context)" function. However, inside that function I don't have access to the 'conf' object from above, only a 'context',
> which doesn't provide the same API. So I wonder what the purpose of these two objects is ('conf' and 'context' in my code above),
> and why the custom check functions don't receive a 'conf' object as argument instead.

what you get is a CheckContext. It wraps the actual SConfBase object (your "conf") to support logging and caching functionalities.
It still keeps the original SConfBase in its ".sconf" attribute, and you should also be able to access the environment of the
configure context with

   context.env

which gets redirected to context.scons.env, via "__getattr__".
Does this help a bit?