[Scons-users] SCons road map -- Transitive dependencies and repos?

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Wed Aug 26 12:47:34 EDT 2015

Hi John,

On 26.08.2015 18:40, John Robinson wrote:

> Of late, I have been drawn more and more into dealing with platforms which use Gradle, Maven, and Ant as their build tools.
>
> Gradle seems to have many structural features similar to SCons. Have you considered increasing the scope of
> SCons to include support for Maven repositories and the related capture of transitive dependencies.
>
> In some installations, even shared and static "gcc", "icc -- Intel", and other binaries are contained in Sonotype "Maven" repos. The
> idea of Maven archetypes could help to streamline the integration of SCons into eclipse environments for CDT managed builds.
>
> Does SCons have long term road map?

yes, we do have a roadmap:

   https://bitbucket.org/scons/scons/wiki/Roadmap

and it's still more or less up-to-date, even though the last edit was done some time ago. ;)

Some sort of integration with Gradle has shortly been discussed in the past (Russel, are you there?) but then no concrete plans and
actions followed.

Hope this helps you a little further already.