[Scons-users] PCH target file

Schleimer, Ben bensch128 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 20 16:15:19 EDT 2015

Hi Ora,
   I use the Gch builder (which I believe uses a similar interface to the pch builder )and have found that compiling for Debug-x86 vs Release-Arm (for example) is most easily done using variable directories and just letting scons do it's thing.If it's third party headers (boost) that you are putting into a pch, I would suggest sanitizing your environment used to call the pch builder so that different projects' build environmentsdon't affect the rebuild decision. Scons is usually pretty smart about not rebuilding if the environment args are the same.

However, that's for boost and that never changes. So the only time the gch file is regenerated is during a clean build.
If you are running pch on your own headers which are changing, then you'll have to wait for the rebuild to finish...

CheersBen