[Scons-users] SCons 2.3.6: SharedLibrary + SHLIBVERSION messes up with dependencies

Paweł Tomulik ptomulik at meil.pw.edu.pl
Mon Aug 10 05:55:36 EDT 2015

After recent upgrade of SCons my projects can't be built anymore.

I use SharedLibrary builder with SHLIBVERSION argument, but now (2.3.6)
the softlinks generated by SharedLibrary are not seen as dependency.

I attach a minimal example, that replicates the bug(?). The mini-project
builds one shared library (libfoo.so) and one program (main) which uses
the library. The Sconstruct is as simple as:

env = Environment()
env.AppendUnique(CPPPATH = ['.'], LIBPATH = ['.'])
env.Program('main.cpp', LIBS = ['foo'])
env.SharedLibrary('foo', 'foo.cpp', SHLIBVERSION = '0.1.2')

The dependency tree for this mini-project is the following:

+-.
  +-SConstruct
  +-foo.cpp
  +-foo.hpp
  +-foo.os
  | +-foo.cpp
  | +-/usr/bin/g++
  +-libfoo.so
  +-libfoo.so.0
  | +-libfoo.so.0.1.2
  |   +-foo.os
  |     +-foo.cpp
  |     +-/usr/bin/g++
  +-libfoo.so.0.1
  | +-libfoo.so.0.1.2
  |   +-foo.os
  |     +-foo.cpp
  |     +-/usr/bin/g++
  +-libfoo.so.0.1.2
  | +-foo.os
  |   +-foo.cpp
  |   +-/usr/bin/g++
  +-main
  | +-main.o
  | | +-main.cpp
  | | +-foo.hpp
  | | +-/usr/bin/g++
  | +-/usr/bin/g++
  +-main.cpp
  +-main.o
    +-main.cpp
    +-foo.hpp
    +-/usr/bin/g++

Without SHLIBVERSION the poject builds without problem, and the
dependency tree is:

+-.
  +-SConstruct
  +-foo.cpp