[Scons-users] Forcing projects to build in order

Ora orshalev at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 06:58:54 EDT 2015

Hi,

My script builds several different projects which are not necessarily
related.   How can I force those projects to build in a certain order?

That is, I have three projects: a, b and c.
I want 'b' to start building only after 'a' finishes, and for 'c' to start
building only after 'b' finishes.

This is necessary in order to avoid problems with changing directories
during parallel builds.

I tried using 'Requires', with every target requiring the target before it.
Requires (b, a)
Requires (c, b)

But that doesn't solve the problem because, if I understood correctly, it
only tells Scons that it should finish building 'a' before it finishes
building 'b', and doesn't prevent it from compiling both projects at the
same time.

Any suggestions on how to deal with this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Ora