[Scons-users] skip_tools in Environment?

William Blevins wblevins001 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 17:18:06 EDT 2015

I'm with Dirk on this one.  I'm of the opinion that quick fixes generally
cause more harm than good, so I would rather put effort into finishing
higher-priority items.

On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 4:11 PM, Bill Deegan <bill at baddogconsulting.com>
wrote:

> Dirk,
>
> I agree, but I'm guessing I could knock out a tool black list in an
> afternoon including tests and documentations, and the new toolchain logic
> is still a work in progress.
>
> We have slots, and the cross-language scanner logic queued up to get to
> default and then released as well. I'm guessing new toolchain logic would
> be a major release and should wait until (at least) after slots, if not
> also after the scanner logic.

The cross-language changes aren't finished yet.  Although we have discussed
a few issues, I am still having to pull teeth to get reviews and feedback.
To my knowledge, only two people have ever actually tried to compile a code
base with the changes: myself and Brian Cody who I discussed this issue
with earlier this year.  Although I think the risk is low, it might be nice
to finish these big items first.