[Scons-users] Post-processing of binaries

William Blevins wblevins001 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 20:28:49 EDT 2015

Jonathon,

Option B makes the most sense.  Option A done correctly would give a Cyclic
Dependency error without explicitly doing a dependency ignore call from
source to target.

My opinion would be to make a custom builder/emitter to take in your source
Q and post-process to target R.  SCons default behavior will remove the old
target before rebuilding, so you will not have to explicitly remove it if
the action fails.
http://www.scons.org/doc/production/HTML/scons-user.html#chap-file-removal

V/R,
William