[Scons-users] Largest feasible SCons build system?

Bill Deegan bill at baddogconsulting.com
Fri Apr 10 08:37:46 EDT 2015

Mark,

On another note. I had a client with a similar system a while back.
The build was a combination of make, scons, perl, shell scripts, and
programs to generate code.
The dev team had to do a full build every time (2 hrs+) and could only
reliably build by submitting to central build server.

After a bit of work (months), I got full parallel builds down to 15 minutes
and no-op incremental builds down to a minute or two.
Incremental builds worked reliably.

And the engineers started to trust the build system again (yeah.. it was
that bad when I started working on it).

Note this was a multi-platform build system, and they only hired me to fix
the windows build.

Yes. You can get the whole build system in scons.

-Bill