[Scons-users] Ignoring (some) errors

Marc Branchaud marcnarc at xiplink.com
Wed Apr 8 14:06:58 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I have a project that builds many binaries, then assembles them in different
ways to create different products.  All of this is conveniently depended-on
by a single Alias target (e.g. "allproducts").

I would like to execute this build in parallel (with --jobs).  However, I
would also like for the second step to be robust against a failure to
assemble a product.

There is --keep-going, but if I read the man page correctly that would still
abort my single allproducts target if there's a failure ("The target that
failed and those that depend on it will not be remade, but other targets
specified on the command line will still be processed.")

I would like to avoid having to specify every single product target on the
command line.

It would be great if I could just pass a parameter to the SConscript() call
that does a product assembly, to tell SCons that it should keep going if any
of this SConscript's actions fail.

Or, I'm also happy to catch an exception, but I don't think there are
exceptions thrown when an action fails.

So does anyone have any ideas how to do something like this?

Thanks!

		M.