[Scons-users] Post-processing of binaries

Jonathon Reinhart jonathon.reinhart at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 13:14:56 EDT 2015

Hello all,

I have various custom tools that perform some post-processing of
binaries. In general, what is the best approach to this?

A) Operate on the input file as-is
B) Have the post-processor create a new file from the input file

If A, how do I make sure SCons is aware of this, so that if the
post-processor fails, for example, SCons knows to either delete the
input file, or mark the build as incomplete?

I'm assuming that B is the better option, but I wanted to get your opinions.

Thanks!

Jonathon Reinhart