[Scons-users] Multiple Configure objects

Bryan Catanzaro bcatanzaro at acm.org
Fri Sep 12 20:18:49 EDT 2014

Hi -
I like SCons' Configure functionality. I would like to create multiple
Configure objects within the same project - for example, one in the
main SConstruct file, and then another working on a clone of the main
env, but with some other things added in a child SConscript.

Unfortunately, if you try to create two configure objects, SCons
throws a blank UserError.
This can be easily reproduced with this code:

conf = Configure(env)
clone = env.Clone()
clone_conf = Configure(clone)

A couple things:
1. Is it possible to do this in some other way?
2. If not, can a more informative error message be thrown? On 2.3.3,
the error message is blank, so the output is literally just:

scons: ***

I had to debug SCons to figure out what was going on...

- bryan