[Scons-users] Trouble installing package on a supercomputer.

Ray Sheppard rsheppar at iu.edu
Wed Sep 10 17:45:18 EDT 2014

Thanks again,
   I am new to this, but not compilers or MPI. I can assure you that
there was only one MPI available and it was properly linked to its
parent. Now of course, there are two. It looks like somewhere in the
package, Scons or Rosetta I do not know which, there is code which is
turned on by the "mpi" plus "icc" key which says, go find a valid
license.  The fact that one does not exist, upsets it.  Not everyone
uses Intel MPI with Intel compilers.  We find their scaling to be very
poor.  On the Cray, it will be worse because, while I can replace the
Cray compiler with Intel from inside Cade, I will not be able to change
the MPT for the Gemini Network.  So, a Cray engineer has been helping me
try to figure it out.
                        Ray