[Scons-users] Man page problems with installing latest scons from Bitbucket

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at oberbrunner.com
Fri Oct 24 18:42:15 EDT 2014

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 6:25 PM, Michael Jarvis <mjarvis.tx.08 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, initially I'd like to get it installed, but I will probably want to
> hack on it as well.

OK, just do this then:

  python setup.py install

and you'll be good to go.

> Installing "fop" solved my initial error, but now it's complaining because
> it's looking for Windows:

As I said, if you really want to build your own installer packages (we
build for Windows as well as other OSes) you'll need various
additional dependencies.  But you _really_ don't need to do that.
Only the release team does.
> It would be nice if there was a quick description of how to override them.
> Do I need to actually modify the SConstruct file in my copy of the
> repository, or can I just set environment variables?

Neither.  Just don't try to do what you're doing.  :-)

--
Gary