[Scons-users] Import SCons error

Steve Seibold stevesei at ymail.com
Fri Oct 24 14:13:04 EDT 2014

I have searched on line and found a place that discusses this, but it does not fix my problem. I have downloaded "scons-local-2.3.4". I don't see an install or configure file and so, the only thing I have  tried to do is run scons.py and this prints out the error "cannot find SCons files in :" and this list all the directories it has searched. I then, myself found the SCons directory. I copied this directory's contents to /usr/lib/scons (which I made..i.e. created the scons directory myself). Then I again attempted to run scons.py...Again it said SCons files were not found in any directory, including /usr/lib/scons which is strange since I placed "all" files/folders in the SCons directory there..

So, then I found on-line someone having the same issue and they fixed it by puttuin the SCons files (the directory containing the files) in the $PYTHONHOME path. I did this as follows:
export PYTHONHOME=$PYTHONHOME:$PATH:\usr\lib\scons
However, this gave me the same error message as always.....

I'm not sure what is happening. Can someone please give me some advice/information or direct me to a place to get the solution?

I am just trying to get it to run..i.e. look for the "SConstruct" file

Thanks, Steve