[Scons-users] Storing object files in different directory

Christopher Dimech dimech.christopher at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 12:35:32 EDT 2014

There is one thing remaining on this, the .mod file is being created
at the location of the SConstruct file, i.e. in vik/endian.mod. I want
to have it created in vik/build/lib. Any way to do this this with .mod
files. The .mod files is what differs when using fortran, as modules
create both a .o file as well as a .mod file.

On 12 October 2014 17:24, Gary Oberbrunner <garyo at oberbrunner.com> wrote:

> Glad you got it working!
>
> On Sun, Oct 12, 2014 at 12:14 PM, Christopher Dimech
> <dimech.christopher at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Here is an SConstruct file that works with VariantDir
> > to create the object files in a build directory. Main program
> > is being built successfully.
> >

> > path = ['/bin', '/usr/bin', '/home/cdim/Local/gcc-4.9.0/bin']
> >
> > env = Environment(
> >          ENV = {'PATH' : path},
> >          tools=['default','gfortran'],
> >          FORTRANFLAGS='-ffree-form -g',
> >          LINK='gfortran',
> >          LINKFLAGS='-g'
> >       )
> > env.VariantDir (variant_dir = 'build/lib', src_dir = 'lib', duplicate =
> 0)
> > env.VariantDir (variant_dir = 'build/utils', src_dir = 'utils',
> duplicate =
> > 0)
> >
> > sources = ['build/lib/endian.f', 'build/utils/botoh.f']
> >
> > # Constructs object files without the .mod
> > allobjs = env.Object (sources)
> > objs = filter(lambda o: str(o)[-4:] != '.mod', allobjs)
> >
> > env.Program (target = 'bin/botoh.x', source = objs)

> >> While waiting for the understanding to finally set in, you might want to
> >> fill some time by reading the UserGuide and by looking at real build
> >> examples...either at http://scons.org/wiki/SconsRecipes or
> >> http://www.scons.org/wiki/SconsProjects . ;)
> >>

> >> Dirk

> > --