[Scons-users] Storing object files in different directory

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at oberbrunner.com
Sat Oct 11 12:56:58 EDT 2014

On Sat, Oct 11, 2014 at 12:33 PM, Christopher Dimech
<dimech.christopher at gmail.com> wrote:
> This SConscript scheme looks similar like recursive
> makefiles, which is not much to my liking.

It may _look_ like it, but it is not at all the same thing.  Not even
close.  SCons builds a single global dependency graph from all the
SConstruct and SConscripts (as well as scanning for implicit
dependencies like header files), then executes that graph by using its
global knowledge to build the minimal necessary set of targets.

A SConscript per directory just helps with modularity; if you add a
source file or change the build options for a single lib, you only
have to change those build instructions in one place.

--
Gary