[Scons-users] No executable for fortran program with module

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at oberbrunner.com
Sun Oct 5 09:16:50 EDT 2014

On Sun, Oct 5, 2014 at 8:55 AM, Christopher Dimech
<dimech.christopher at gmail.com> wrote:
> env = Environment(ENV = {'PATH' : path})
> env.Append(tools=['default','gfortran'],LINK='gfortran',LINKFLAGS='-g')
> env.Append(FORTRANFLAGS='-ffree-form -g'

To specify tools for an Env, you have to pass them to the constructor.
Saying tools=[...] in env.Append will only create a construction
variable called 'tools'.  You probably also don't want to use Append
for LINK since that would append 'gfortran' to whatever the default
link command is on your OS.  Better would be env['LINK'] = 'gfortran',
though I think the gfortran tool itself ought to do this.

--
Gary