[Scons-users] modifying/extending SCons to run jobs on Torque cluster

Thomas Lippincott tom.lippincott at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 16:43:39 EDT 2014

This would be OK for my purposes, if "global" means a given invocation
of the primary scons script. When scons is invoked on the submit node,
it might decide to build the tree by submitting three jobs, which run
"scons job1-target1 job1-target2...", "scons job2-target1
job2-target2...", etc, on worker nodes.  The submit-node's scons
instance copies ".sconsign.db" to ".sconsign.JOB-1", ".sconsign.JOB-2",
etc, then submits the jobs to the scheduler and starts waiting for them
to complete.  Meanwhile, worker nodes execute the jobs, but when running
on a worker node the scons script first calls
SConsignFile(".sconsign.JOB-ID").  Back at the submit-node's scons
instance, once the worker nodes have finished, scons needs to read all
the ".sconsign.JOB-ID" files and merge them back into ".sconsign.db". It
sounds like this final merging functionality is the main work (in theory).
-Tom