[Scons-users] Repositories and relative paths

Tom Tanner (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON) ttanner2 at bloomberg.net
Tue Nov 18 06:49:40 EST 2014

Currently when you are using repository builds and you have something like

scons -Y ../..

then the build ends up as

CC -o somedir/somefile.o -c -I<fullpathtorepo>/include_dir <fullpathtorepo>/somedir/somefile.cc

rather than

CC -o somedir/somefile.o -c -I../../include_dir ../../somedir/somefile.cc

This causes several tools we have a certain amount of confusion as the .o file's debuging information includes all the full paths, which means when the .o file is copied from the build cache, tools might start looking at places that no longer exist (the build cache is generally populated from a git repository which has a life of about a month).

Is there any way of changing the behaviour so scons produces the 2nd form of command line?