[Scons-users] Installation of scons-2.3.3/4 fails but SCons-2-3.0 works proper

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Mon Nov 10 09:49:23 EST 2014

Hi Christopher,

On 10.11.2014 15:31, Christopher.Korr at t-systems.com wrote:
> I use
>
> # python -V
> Python 2.4.6
>
> This fulfils the requirement of the installation guide, there was said 2.4 or later
and with "installation guide" you are referring to which document
exactly (path in your installation, or URL)?

In my current repository (latest development), the top-level file
README.rst (this is also shown as welcome text when visiting
http://bitbucket.org/scons/scons ) clearly states:

"
Running SCons requires Python version 2.6 or later..."

under "Execution requirements".