[Scons-users] Qt5 build on OSX

Philipp Kraus philipp.kraus at tu-clausthal.de
Wed Nov 5 02:09:09 EST 2014

Am 04.11.2014 um 16:55 schrieb Dirk Bächle <tshortik at gmx.de>:

> On 04.11.2014 15:36, Philipp Kraus wrote:
>> Hi Dirk,

>>> thanks for the additional infos, but I still don't know how the path "lib/QtCore.framework/Headers" is located relative to "/Application/Qt/5.3/clang_64". What's the absolute path of "lib/QtCore.framework/Headers" in this case?
>>
>> Yes e.g. /Applications/Qt/5.3/clang_64/lib/QtGui.framework
>>
>> The Qt OSX Package is structured in this case
>>
>> <Installation Dir> / <Release Version 5.0, 5.1, ...> / <Compiler Version e.g. Andorid SDK or CLang or iOS > / lib / <Qt Package QtGui, QtNetwirk>.framework /
>> OSX frameworks are bundle directories of header and library files (see https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/MacOSX/Conceptual/BPFrameworks/Concepts/FrameworkAnatomy.html)
>> The Qt OSX package can install different Qt version e.g. (5.0, 5.2, …) with the compiler tools and on this also different compiler structures for cross-compiling (Android package, iOS package or OSX package).
>>
> There is no proper support for Framework bundles in the Qt4/Qt5 Tools, yet. I'm afraid you have to add the required Include paths on your own, or rebuild the Qt installation with the "-no-framework" option.

I have read your builder code, so at the moment I will try to build Qt myself without framework, but this is a protracted work, another way can be to modify your builder code, because it is well-documentated so it seems a more simple way. I would like to send you a patch if I modify your code

Best regards

Phil