[Scons-users] Compile and launch

Sven Lars Tobias Stål smp428 at alumni.ku.dk
Tue Nov 4 08:51:49 EST 2014

Hi

I’m new to SCons, and, I have to admit, rather new to software construction in general, but now I’m forced to use SCons to build flows for a scientific program package. I spent a couple of days now to study the manual and examples online, but no success. I’d be very grateful if one of you experienced users could spare 2 min to help me start, I just can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong.

What I can’t get to work is (I hope it makes sense):

1. Compile a code, with the same result as running  $ gcc -m32 -o abc2 abc2.c

2. Execute the program, with the same result as running $ abc2 1234.dat 2

Thank you for any assistance!

Tobbe