[Scons-users] Qt5 build on OSX

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Tue Nov 4 06:41:23 EST 2014

Hi Phil,

On 04.11.2014 11:37, Philipp Kraus wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I try to build a Qt 5 application on OSX 10.9 with
> https://bitbucket.org/dirkbaechle/scons_qt5
> In my case the QApplication include fails.
>
> I create my environment with:
>
> env = Environment(tools=["default", "qt5"], variables=vars)
>
> if os.environ.has_key("QTDIR") :
>      env["QT5DIR"] = os.environ["QTDIR"]
>      env["ENV"]["PKG_CONFIG_PATH"] = os.path.join(env["QT5DIR"],
> "lib", "pkgconfig")
>
> env.EnableQt5Modules(["QtCore", "QtGui“])
>
> I have got installed Qt under /Application/Qt the bin & lib directory
> is found under /Application/Qt/5.3/clang_64 so I set the QT5DIR to
> this path.
I don't see that you're doing this in the code snippet above, so your
two statements "I create my environment with" and "I set the QT5DIR
to..." are contradicting each other, at least from my point of view.

Please, (as always), post the exact SConstruct that you use. This
ensures that other people can reproduce your problem, or at least
understand it faster. And this will save *you* time in the long run,
because you don't have to explain again and correct yourself over and
over, okay?

It would also be nice if you could let us see the exact (full!) error
message that you get. In addition, I don't know what to make of that
"lib/QtCore.framework/Headers" path to the Framework headers, what's the
absolute path of it?

Finally, please note that setting environment variables like
PKG_CONFIG_PATH *after* you load the Tool with "tools=['default','qt5']"
won't have the desired effect.