[Scons-users] Repositories and rstr/rfile

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Thu May 15 14:12:43 EDT 2014

Hi Tom.

On 15.05.2014 09:52, Tom Tanner (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON) wrote:

> Sorry, my reply got lost somewhere I think (posibly by me)

> This doesn't work. The .rsrcpath on exists for $SOURCE and presumably $TARGET

> The underlying problem appears to be that when you are using a repository, if you have a build that copies stuff from the repository directly to the build directory then there's no way of finding out the original file when you do a build.

> Node.srcifle etc etc all assume if the file exists then that's the file to use, and only if it doesn't exist should you search in the repository.

And if this file is an exact copy of the one in the repo, why would you
care?

I still have some trouble understanding why you need to copy those files
at all. Apart from the fact that Install() might be better suited
anyway, wouldn't simply referencing the files with "${SOURCE.rsrcpath}",
in the Builder where they are actually used, cut the mustard?

Regards,