[Scons-users] Repositories and rstr/rfile

Tom Tanner (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON) ttanner2 at bloomberg.net
Wed May 14 04:52:02 EDT 2014

> please have a look at the MAN page, section "Variable Substitution". The

> ".rsrcpath" attribute/method might be what you're looking for.

That only works for $SOURCE and things. I can't use that in a build.

What I need to do is something like
for f in Glob('thing*'):
Command(f, f.rsrcpath, Copy('$TARGET', $'SOURCE'))

only
1) f.rsrcpath doesn't exist
2) All the variaents I can find of rentry/srcnode/etc return the *build* path

Meaning that I end up with dependency cycles.

I don't think this is particularly restricted to Glob, though I'd had hoped that the 'source' option to Glob would have worked for repositories the same as it works for variantdir.

I've been drilling around in the sources and I can't find anything that says "here's a file - which repository does it come from, EVEN IF I've generated it during the build".

Arguably it's a rather silly thing to do (copying a file from the repository to the build directory with the same name) but it is doable, in a rather round the houses way.. I'd like a slightly more predictable way of doing it (as we only have one repository, it's OK. It would not be so OK if there were two), which I can't currently find.