[Scons-users] possible bug

Tom Tanner (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON) ttanner2 at bloomberg.net
Mon May 12 04:48:15 EDT 2014

> I just checked the sources, and the Texfile/Substfile Builders use the

> absence of the SUBST_DICT var meaning "don't substitute anything". As far as

> I know, there is no rule in SCons enforcing that all variables within a Tool

> have to be initialized...and I, personally, would really like to keep this

> flexibility for the framework.

Yes, that seems eminently reasonable to me. I'm not whining about that.

> 4) Amend your consistency check, allowing SUBST_DICT to not exist (every rule

> has its exception! ;) ).

It's not my consistency check.

It's calling 'AllowSubstExceptions()' that causes the issue. And either I have to set up subst_dict or I have to clone the environment and switch that off, neither of which seems very nice

I think when I have time I'll dig a little further into this because the code certainly looks like it should work, and the caller doesn't set up LINESEPARATOR either so I don't really understand why that doesn't cause a problem.

> Best regards,

> Dirk

Thanks

TT