[Scons-users] possible bug

Tom Tanner (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON) ttanner2 at bloomberg.net
Fri May 9 14:59:19 EDT 2014

in our build, we have the system set up to give errors if you use a variable name which doesn't have an associated value (a few miles away from the code right now, and can't remember the option, but basically, it's so if you randomly use $CCCFLAGS by mistake, you get get an error rather than a surprising build).

However, someone used the TextFile tool recently and discovered that if you don't specify SUBST_DICT as a parameter, it gives you an error because $SUBST_DICT references an undefined variable.

This seems a little wrong to me, but I'm not sure what the most appropriate fix is.
1) To change TextFile somehow - but I'm not sure how.
2) To provide a global SUBST_DICT set to an empty dictionary
3) To provide an empty SUBST_DICT to every instance of TextFile

Thanks

TT