[Scons-users] Mark existing file as up-to-date

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Thu May 8 18:35:56 EDT 2014

Hi Pedro,

On 08.05.2014 23:32, Pedro Inácio wrote:

> I am using SCons for data processing.

> One of the perks is that, unlike traditional compilation projects,

> each file in my project might have required several hours to compute.

> Re-building existing files is, in general, not acceptable.

> [...

> Any ideas?

I would simply split up your build into two single phases, something
like "SConstruct.preprocess" where you update all your precious files
and "SConstruct.postprocess" for all the build steps that use them as
sources.
Then you can manually decide when it's efficient to run the preprocess
step again.

Hope this helps.