[Scons-users] SCons code generation (e.g. protobuf) and VariantDir

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Mon May 5 03:20:41 EDT 2014

Vinnie,

On 05.05.2014 04:07, Vinnie Falco wrote:

>> Thanks a lot for the example:

> I think my example had some problems. How about this one:

it has its problems too. Else it would simply work. ;)

I'm sorry but//I think you're a little confused at the moment. Please
sit back for a while, maybe have a good nap. Then come back and try to
rewrite your setup to hierarchical builds.
You don't have to provide an SConscript in each and every subfolder for
this. One single SConscript, right next to your top-level SConstruct, is
enough. You just need to be able to call SConscript() on a file, such
that you can then pass the "variant_dir=" parameter.

Regards,