[Scons-users] Witzend, help welcome

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Fri May 2 05:32:39 EDT 2014

Thanks to everyone who chipped in yesterday with my libintl.h problem.
Everyone was correct in that there was a #define causing the problem.

Special thanks to Jonathan Wakely who went that extra mile to help and
pinpointed the problem.

The Autoconf/Automake build is such that a certain compilation situation
never occurs. My SCons build was exercising this compilation route
showing a fundamental bug in the application source code and some
possible weirdness with an interaction between this bug and the -std=c
++1y flag. However rather than fix the problem, I have circumvented it
(*) by ensuring the SCons build takes the same route as the
Autoconf/Automake build.

(*) this is not a hack, it's just running away from finding the
problem.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder t: +44 20 7585 2200 voip: sip:russel.winder at ekiga.net