[Scons-users] Getting directory in which Sconscript is running

Bill Deegan bill at baddogconsulting.com
Thu May 1 12:25:37 EDT 2014

Tom,

Not sure what you're really trying to do, but it sounds ugly.
I've found if it's hard to do, you're probably doing it wrong..

Perhaps you can expand on the what you're trying to do, rather than the
'how you're trying to do it'..

-Bill

On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 9:23 AM, Tom Tanner (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON) <
ttanner2 at bloomberg.net> wrote:

> I've found half the answer. Dir('.').path gives me A/B

> Now I need to find the path of the actual directory that contains the

> SConscript (I know I can do os.path.dirname(File('SConscript').rstr()) but

> - that is not pretty)

>>> "A/B" (i.e. the relative directory in which things will be built), and

>>> <wherever the source is>/A/B, which is the sort of thing I need to stuff in

>>> environment variable (for instance for getting the right PYTHONPATH for

>>> running python scripts which live in a subdirectory of B).

>>> Using Dir('.').rstr() or .rdir() will get you '.'. Throwing

>>> srcdir().abspath into the mix will get me the full path to the build