[Scons-users] Problems with SCons parallel build

Evan Driscoll driscoll at cs.wisc.edu
Fri Mar 21 17:56:46 EDT 2014

On 2014-03-21 16:50, Brady Johnson wrote:

> I commented out all the cd's from the Command() builders, and its

> still failing.

> Something else that I just considered: I build several RPMs by

> calling os.system('rpmbuild...') directly instead of calling the

> SCons rpm builder. I wonder if rpmbuild changes directories,

> subsequently changing it for the SCons process. Anybody know if this

> could cause problems?

A child process can't change the directory of the parent (or, maybe
there's a way if you try really hard and jump through hoops or
something). That shouldn't be the cause.

One thought you could try: change env['ENV']['PATH'] so that
x86_64-dx-linux-gnu-g++ is a script you write that outputs the current
directory before running. Would at least tell you if this is a wild
goose chase. :-)

Evan