[Scons-users] SCons Program is not aware of .manifest or .pdb

Jason Swager jswager at alohaoi.com
Fri Mar 21 09:56:07 EDT 2014

For PDB files, this is definitely expected behavior. SCONS docs indicate
that PDB files are generated via SideEffect(). Targets declared this way
are not automatically cleaned, but instead, need an explicit Clean() called
on them (also in the docs).

As for manifest files, I'm guessing that they're done the same way, via
SideEffect(). But I couldn't see that in the docs.
Jason